Wine Racks America

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Renaissance Fair

We finally made it to the Renaissance Fair this past weekend and had a wonderful time. No rain, nice breeze, an absolutely beautiful day. If you have never been to one, I highly recommend it. Lots of fun for the entire family. I was even pursued by King Henry the Eighth. He offered to take my husband's place and even kissed my hand!

This is a family outing every year and Hubby and Son dress up. I really want to get my costume made so I can dress up next year.

The picture on the left is my Son, Sir Lee and my Hubby, Evil Wizard Charles (the one King Henry offered to replace).

The picture on the right is Mary Queen of Scotland.

The picture below is the King and Queen together. These two actors are the actual owners of the Castle in Muskogee, where the annual Ren Fair takes place. Approximately 15 years ago, they started out by holding a yearly SCA outing on their property. Since that time, it has grown to one of the biggest and best Renaissance Fairs in the country.

I just have to add some pictures of the Falcons. They have several falcon shows each day. These birds are such magnificent creatures. The guy that manages and trains them is fantastic with these birds.


Below, the guy holding the falcon was from the audience and the man in costume is the trainer.

The picture on the left is one of the falcons they were showing while we were waiting on the fair to open and allowed to enter the keep. This beautiful bird is ten years old and the star of the falcon show. The one on the right is one of the people that works in the falcon show.









Of course there was a joust and some Scottish Games. Unfortunately, I was unable to get any good pictures of these because there were so many people in front of me.

The food was awesome as usual and there were so many different craft booths offering costumes, jewelry, figurines, weapons, etc. I loved walking around looking at the jewelry booths and the jewelry people were wearing. Naturally, it got my creative juices flowing and I came home and drew up some designs from the costume inspirations. Now, I just have to make time to put them together!

No comments:

Post a Comment