Wine Racks America

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Save Money and Still Eat Well


In my article, Eating Well on a Tight Budget, I listed several ways to feed your family and still keep within your budget. Below I have given you several resources to help accomplish my suggestions.
For people like me, it comes as second nature since I was fortunate to be raised in a family where everything was done with our household budget in mind. Whether it was growing or raising our own food to cooking and preserving. But it seems that when my generation started raising our families, we got farther away from doing things ourselves and the mega million dollar business of fast food took over. Not only has it made a negative impact on  our health, it is now making a negative impact on our budgets.

If you haven't read my article, please click on the link above. If you have read it, then I have listed some products that will help you on your way to controlling your household food budget. All of the items I have listed are extremely helpful in moving you toward tighter control on the dollars spent each week for food.

Growing Your Own Food

Organic Food Gardening Beginners Manual

Food 4 Wealth - Great Investment

How to Grow Herbs and Vegetables in Small Spaces-Kitchen Gardens - No Space? Try this.

My Shed Plans - This is a great package. I love this one. I have done several projects with this. Not excatly gardening but it will help with storage issues.

Canning and Preserving

My favorite canning book is Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. This book covers everything with many recipes and a time table chart for all types of food.

Good equipment is a must. Your most importan investment is going to be your pressure cooker. I use the Presto 1755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner. This will hold 7 quarts or 10 pints and is made of sturdy, cast aluminum.

A must have is a complete set of canning utentsils like the Presto 7 Function Canning Kit. This has everything you need.

If you plan on canning fruits a Columbian Home 33-Quart Jar Canner and Rack is the perfect investment. This canner will hold 7 quart jars and is very durable.

I love this steam canner. I use it for all my high acid foods like jams, jellies, pickles ect Victorio Vkp1054 Aluminum Steam Canner, 7-Quart

I love dehydrating and own a small dehydrator Open Country 4 Tray Trialmaster 500 Watt Dehydrator Kitand a large square one Excalibur 3900 Deluxe Series 9 Tray Food Dehydrator - Black .

I also use my counter top convection oven Hamilton Beach 31199XR Countertop Convection Oven.This works very well then the rest of the year I have a second oven to bake in.

Cooking

Make Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes at Home

Kid Approved Meals - Every mom needs this to plan their week

Feed a Family of 5 for Only $50 - This is great for people like me that has a hard time planning meals

Miscellaneous

Complete Survival Course - This has it all. Gardening, canning and preserving and what to do in a disaster. I highly recommend this to those that want to be prepared

No comments:

Post a Comment